Super Mario 64 Hacking

A website to learn the techniques of hacking.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Starting Off (If you're new to hacking SM64, please read here)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vinnyboiler

PostSubject: Starting Off (If you're new to hacking SM64, please read here)   Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:03 pm

You may of had seen some cool custom levels made by other users on this board. You may be asking yourself how you would start off, well let me get started Very Happy.

First things first. You may have noticed that SM64 hacks are on computers, this is because you can actually play SM64 on a computer. You just need something called an "emulator" and files of the games itself, these are referred to as "roms".

An emulator loads the game and can be downloaded here PJ64. Once you set it up, run this file Mario 64

Next , to start off , go to VL-Tones website here and download these tools :

Rom Extender 1.3b and Text Wrangler 1.1b

Now click here and it will take you to download Toad's tool 64 (For Windows)

Or click here (Mac Version)

Now what you want to do first is start up Project 64. then , go to the toolbars and click options>settings. Then uncheck hide advance settings , then click ok. Now go back to options>settings and then you will see a toolbar pop up that says Advance settings , click it , then change the RAM size from 4mg to 8mg and then you are done with that.

Now for the Super Mario 64 ROM : You are going to drag out your ROM extender tool with the MI00 Files (Note : MI00 Files must come out with the ROM extender)
Now you are going to want to Start up the ROM extender and open rom > Super Mario 64.
Now you will be able to open up your rom with Toad's Tool 64 and Text Wrangler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/vinyboiler
shoemanbundy

PostSubject: Re: Starting Off (If you're new to hacking SM64, please read here)   Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:07 am

This makes no sense, the ROM you gave doesn't work in the extender Crying or Very sad Does it work for you? I'm using extender 1.3b. I have yet to find a single ROM that works, and I've been searching for hours now. I'm just about ready to go insane, this is just stressing me too much. I even found pre-extended ROMs, yet the latest version of the level importer reports an error. I just want to extend the ROM myself, but I can't find this elusive v1.0 of the game anywhere.

If you can help at all I'd greatly appreciate it. I can't believe all the ideas I had for a hack are being obstructed by something this simple!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vinnyboiler

PostSubject: Re: Starting Off (If you're new to hacking SM64, please read here)   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:13 pm

Try this Rom, I've just extended it Very Happy
LINK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/vinyboiler
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting Off (If you're new to hacking SM64, please read here)   

Back to top Go down

Starting Off (If you're new to hacking SM64, please read here)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1